Nuremberg was located along the Hanseatic League’s central trade routes used to move spices, cotton and silk from southern Europe to the north. The Bavarian city in Middle Franconia is often referred to as the "city of human rights".
Pilatushaus (near Tiergärtnertorplatz)
The Pilatushaus is one of the few surviving late-Gothic town houses. The building, erected in 1489, belonged to Hans Grünwald, an armourer who made special fencing suits and racing suits, which is why the building was often referred to as the “house of the armoured man”. The name Pilatushaus has been used since the 17th century as the building was considered to be the starting point of the Stations of the Cross by Adam Kraft. It is now owned by the city that has used the building to display modern art since 1931.